Friday, July 2, 2010

Montana Summer 2009!

The Crew minus Dad and Pattie


We are getting close to hitting the road to Montana again so I figured that I should blog about last years trip! We had so much fun as usual. We were there the end of July beginning of August. We celebrated Kiana's 1st b-day while we were there. We spent one night camping at Gypsy Lake. I didn't sleep all night, it was so cold. I could not get my toes to warm up. The kids slept pretty good. We woke up in the morning to a frosty ground. We saw a beaver (Brandon got some video of it) swimming around. Sam and Brandon saw several anaconda snakes!! Some how the rest of us missed out on those sightings. We told some good poop stories around the campfire and played mexican train dominos. Fun was had by all.
We went swimming and kayaking at Canyon Ferry Lake. My Dad and Pattie rented a boat one day so we spent the day swimming, skiing and tubing. Autie, Nate and family showed up on Mason's 2nd birthday so we had a little celebration for him. We meet up at Uncle Scott's and Aunt Dawn's house and went to the Townsend Rodeo Parade with some of the Scoffield relatives. Uncle Bart and Aunt Trish were both in the parade. It was fun to see them doing there thing. After the parade we went to the Rillway cabin. My Dad, Pattie, GG, Scott, Ducky, Jennifer (her boyfriend), Shannon (her boyfriend) and Lexi came out and we had dinner. The kids played in the creek. We found a mouse that was living at the cabin. Autie's family, Tia, Brandon and our family camped out there for the night. After we put the kids to bed the grown ups were visiting by the camp fire and Nate found a way to scare us ladies silly! My Grandma Trenna's (GG) family used to own or lease the Rillway Cabin for a very long time until the Forest Service took it back several years ago. I need to write down all the details from my Grandma again so I can have correct info. My family would go to the cabin and bbq with relatives when I was younger and I always enjoyed going there. We were able to go to Julie and Arden's lake house and spend some time with more of our Scoffield relatives. My Dad, Chris, Nate and Brandon had an opportunity to go on horse back in the mountains and round up some cattle. They had some good stories when they got back from doing that. My Dad made a contraption called "Old Blue" for the kids to ride on. It is a blue barrel with a saddle on it, held up by ropes. The kids sit on it and somebody else pulls on the ropes so it bounces around like a bucking bronco. The kids loved it. There were horse rides, playing with the dogs, collecting eggs from the hen house, picking raspberries in the garden, catching bugs and birds, playing games, lots of 4 wheeler rides, deer watching and probably much much more that I have forgotten over the last year. We love going to Montana!!

Gypsy Lake


Vinny on Old Blue


Chris looking for runaway cattle


Dad on the round up


Cousins at the Rillway Cabin


GG Trenna getting some love from Vinny


Pattie and DAd eating smores at the cabin


Chris skiing on Canyon Ferry Lake


Aaron,Chris,Kiana- relaxing at the end of the
day at Julie Bruce's

No comments: